Steven C. Leidinger
Mr. Leidinger regularly represents cities, counties, and insurance carriers with respect to matters involving real estate, contracts, zoning, code enforcement, ordinance review and drafting, nuisance abatement, and a variety of other matters regularly facing public entities in Iowa. As part of Lynch Dallas’ municipal practice group, Mr. Leidinger serves as a City Attorney to no less than fifteen cities, while also providing a more limited scope of services to numerous others. He also regularly represents condominium and subdivision owners’ associations on all types of matters including, without limitation: document interpretation, review, and amendment; collections; covenant and rule enforcement; corporate matters; and compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations. Mr. Leidinger prides himself on providing practical, candid, and cost-effective solutions to sometimes complex problems.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Denison University (B.A., 2002)
Active or formerly active in the following organizations:
- Iowa League of Cities
- Iowa Municipal Attorneys Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Linn County Bar Association
Presentations and Publications
- Contributor, Human Resources Administration and Labor Relations update, Iowa Municipal Policy Leaders' Handbook, 2019.
- Tenants’ Rights, Rental Agreements, and Evictions – City of Cedar Rapids Landlord Training October 2015
- Contributor, 2016 Iowa Municipal Policy Leaders' Handbook (A guide for Iowa Mayors and Council Members), The University of Iowa Institute of Public Affairs
- Top 5 Things City Managers/Administrators Should Know About Municipal Law - 2015 Iowa Municipal Managers Institute
- Discipline, Discharge and Due Process for Public Sector Employees – 2014 League of Cities Annual Conference