Steven C. Leidinger
As part of Mr. Leidinger’s general practice, he regularly advises public sector clients such as cities, counties, and school districts on a wide variety of matters. In addition, he serves as panel counsel for a large insurer of political subdivisions and governmental bodies, and is frequently appointed to serve as defense counsel for such entities on an as-needed basis.
Mr. Leidinger also regularly represents condominium and subdivision associations on the types of legal matters such associations frequently encounter: from document interpretation and amendment, to drafting rules and regulations, to compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Denison University (B.A., 2002)
Active or formerly active in the following organizations:
- Iowa Association of School Boards
- Iowa Council of School Board Attorneys
- Iowa League of Cities
- Iowa Municipal Attorneys Association
- Iowa Public Employer Labor Relations Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Linn County Bar Association
- National Public Employer Labor Relations Association
- National School Board Council of Attorneys
Presentations and Publications
- Contributor, Human Resources Administration and Labor Relations update, Iowa Municipal Policy Leaders' Handbook, 2019.
- Tenants’ Rights, Rental Agreements, and Evictions – City of Cedar Rapids Landlord Training October 2015
- Contributor, 2016 Iowa Municipal Policy Leaders' Handbook (A guide for Iowa Mayors and Council Members), The University of Iowa Institute of Public Affairs
- Top 5 Things City Managers/Administrators Should Know About Municipal Law - 2015 Iowa Municipal Managers Institute
- Discipline, Discharge and Due Process for Public Sector Employees – 2014 League of Cities Annual Conference
- COMMONtary: A Newsletter for Eastern Iowa Condominium Associations and Management Professionals (a periodic publication of Lynch Dallas, P.C.)