Lynch Dallas, P.C.’s school law focus is developing strong relationships with administrators and school board members to fully understand their needs and the changing landscape or developing opportunities they may be encountering. We have found that over the course of time our team frequently becomes an integral and trusted part of a school district’s leadership and management team.
Lynch Dallas represents a broad spectrum of school districts, from districts in the Urban Eight to smaller districts across the state of Iowa. We represent our school district clients on matters involving students, parents, teachers, support staff, unions, administrators, the Iowa Department of Education, and taxpayers.
Our School Law practice includes:
- Administrative Proceedings before the Iowa Department of Education, ICRC, EEOC and PERB.
- Building and Construction Matters
- Competitive Bidding
- Contract Interpretation and Administration
- Discrimination, Bullying, and Harassment Claims
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Evaluation, Discipline, and Termination
- Finance Matters including Tax Levies; Continuing Disclosure Filings; Election Law; Local, State and Federal Funding; and State and Federal Grants and Tax Budgets
- Grievances and Arbitrations
- Grievance and Interest Arbitrations
- Negotiations and Collective bargaining
- Personnel Policies and Job Descriptions
- Policy Formulation, Revision, and Implementation
- Real Estate Transactions
- School Administrator Contracts
- Special Education Matters
- Student Conduct and Discipline
- Wrongful Termination Defense