Mr. Martin is part of a team that advises clients in the areas of employment and labor law, municipal law, and civil litigation. He represents municipal clients in matters involving code enforcement, policy drafting, public records, and various other issues faced by public entities. He also helps employers and managers resolve issues on matters including policy development, employee discipline, social media issues, and collective bargaining.
Before attending law school, Mr. Martin worked for several years as a zookeeper at two nationally recognized zoos and served as a shop steward for his local bargaining unit. He assisted fellow employees in dispute resolution and resolving grievances in the workplace. He was also a member of the contract negotiation team and served on the workplace labor-management committee.
- University of Iowa (J.D., 2021) with distinction
- Concordia College (B.A., 2004)
Active or formerly active in the following organizations
- Linn County Bar Association
- Iowa League of Cities
- Iowa Municipal Attorneys Association
- Iowa Municipal Management Institute
Additional Biographical Information
- Transnational Law & Contemporary Problems, Editor-in-Chief (2020-2021)
- Boyd Service Award, University of Iowa College of Law
Presentations and Publications
- Discipline and Discharge - Necessary Documentation, NBI Mini Law School for Iowa HR Professionals, November 16, 2021