Our workers’ compensation lawyers regularly handle arbitration hearings and appeals before the Iowa Workers’ Compensation Commissioner, as well as appeals before the district and appellate courts. Our attorneys attend training seminars on workers' compensation on a regular basis and are well versed in workers’ compensation trends.
We use experienced legal assistants and staff when possible to reduce the cost of litigation and to ensure the thorough analysis of medical evidence critical to hearing preparedness.
We also utilize early assessment of the claim and aggressive use of mediation as a tool to resolve claims without excessive litigation. It also enables us to minimize losses when representing insurance carriers and self-insured employers.
Our Workers' Compensation practice includes:
- Experienced Advocacy in Arbitration Hearings and Appeals.
- Addressing Workers' Compensation Fraud
- Advising Employers of the Overlap of Workers’ Compensation Law with the ADA, ADAAA, and the FMLA
- Return to Work Issues
- Wrongful Termination Issues Related to Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Representing Individuals with Work Related Injuries on a Contingent Fee Basis