Scott E. McLeod
Mr. McLeod was admitted to practice law in Iowa upon graduation from the University of Iowa College of Law in 1967. He then went on active duty with the U.S. Army, 1967-1969. Upon discharge from the military he became an associate attorney in 1969 with Lynch, Dallas, Smith & Harman, presently known as Lynch Dallas, P.C. Mr. McLeod later became a shareholder and also the President of the firm for several years. He has continued as a shareholder in the firm to the present day.
- Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
Cases and Experience
- Mr. McLeod has over 45 years of experience representing insurance carriers, corporations, and individuals in state and federal court and before the Iowa Industrial Commissioner. In addition, he has participated as an attorney and as a mediator in numerous mediations involving personal injury and workers' compensation.
- The University of Iowa (J.D., 1967) with distinction
- The University of Iowa (B.A., 1964)
- Iowa Defense Counsel Association
- Iowa Association of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Linn County Bar Association
Additional Biographical Information
- Board of Directors, Peninsula Development HOA; Present
- Board of Directors, Friends Helping Friends Foundation; Present
- Iowa Volunteer Lawyers Project; Present
- Board of Directors, Water Tower Place Condominium; Past
- President, Linn County Bar Association; Past
- Board of Directors, Witwer Center, Inc.; Past
- Board of Directors, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Linn County; Past
- Board of Directors, Central YMCA; Past
- Cedar Rapids Downtown Development Committee; Past
Presentations and Publications
- Iowa Law Review, 1968-1969
- Various presentations relating to recent cases and developments in Iowa Workers’ Compensation Law.